A few weeks ago Ewan and I spent hours degreasing the new crossmember and the new steering rack. It was the nastiest thing you could imagine. In some places you’d spray the degreaser and wipe off the grease only to find a deeper harder more subborn layer of grease underneath. After a huge amount of work the parts looked sooooo much cleaner. You can actually see the contour of the parts, so I called it good enough. They are still just about the greasiest thing you’ve seen this year.
Then Ewan and I got started taking apart the front suspension. It has to be disassembled enough that the lower control arms can be moved out of the way for dropping the cross member.
The new cleaned up one is in front the old bent foul one is in the back.