Ewan and I were at the car on Sunday. We installed the new starter motor and it started right up. Yay! We also decided to tackle the header. Before our first race I picked up a exhaust header off an Accord EX for about $50 at the pick n pull. It has sat out behind Tedd’s house since then. So we got the header off. Some of those nuts were really really really tight. But the downpipe was still in. I also pulled the cruise control unit out so I could better access the power steering reservoir that I think is the source of the leak.
I went back the next day, Monday, when Lara and Ewan were hanging with some friends. I got the down pipe off and measured the various ins and outs to figure out what sort of adapter might be needed.
Tuesday I went shopping and got new oil, steering fluid, and the adaptor that I think we need to attach the cut header downpipe to the old header downpipe so it can bolt onto the catalytic converter. Tedd says he will bring a muffler to replace our stock unit with.
With the exhaust out I have a much clearer shot at the AC compressor which is probably at least 20 lbs of dead weight on the front of the motor. I think I’ll take it off now. I’ll have to order a new alternator belt.
I have to work today, but tomorrow and this weekend I hope to get much more done. Though I welcome the rain, I wish it were a bit warmer.