Yes we really are making progress. We went to the pick and pull Saturday and got an electric fan, a reconditioned battery, and a not rusty voltage regulator. Last week while organizing wires I disconnected the fuel pump relay. After consulting wire diagrams I got rid of the crash detector and relay and direct wired the pump. I’m completely demoralized by the spahgetti mess under the dash and in the engine bay. So far everywhere there is a bundle of mostly garbage wires there is one or two important ones in the mix. Maybe after our first race I will complete the wire simplification. Those freeze plugs are vexing. Parts are on order.
We spent lots of effort getting the junk wheels off. The holes that the lug nuts were in were too small to fit a tool into. I ended up using a hole saw to grip the nuts and slowly back them out. Tedd found some factory mustang wheels on CL for dirt cheap. 17x7s, 5 lug. I’d rather have factory alloys than 99% of aftermarket wheels anyday. Most are junk for show.Saturday and Sunday were both consumed with the car. We had a blast, awesome weekend.